Monday, March 19, 2012

Because It Consumes Me

I'm becoming obsessed. My passion for this subject consumes me, and I'm not sure it's to a healthy degree. What is this obsession, you may ask?
 
No, it's not Pinterest, although Pinterest is feeding my obsession.
 
It is trip planning. I spend time I should be spending on other, more pressing, more important things researching for our trip to Ireland and Italy in May. I've investigated brewery and distillery tours. Bed and breakfast  inns. Historical sites. Ways to laze around Lake Como. What special goods can be bought in certain places and how to make sure they're authentic and how much they might cost. Train schedules. How to find the best, or cheapest, food. The list goes on, and you can see some of the fruits of my labor on Pinterest, which I have used to organize and collect informative websites.
 
We have checked out travel videos from the library, bought guidebooks, and I'm looking into downloading audio tours.
 
Even with all this research and planning, I'm still searching for other things to do or see, because maybe the ones I've found so far aren't enough or aren't interesting or yadda yadda yadda. I think this speaks to multiple things, including my love of research and travel and my desire to have a plan at almost all times. And possibly a desire to extend the vacation experience beyond the two weeks to encompass many months. Extra escape. And Alec and I are having fun sharing what we've learned with each other.
 
Now, if I can just focus enough until then to get ACTUAL work done . . .

No comments: