Friday, February 24, 2012

Because It Does

February 11: Makes You Happy*
 
I love exploring. Not in a nature hike kind of way, but in a let's-pull-out-the-map-and-find-something-interesting-to-see sort of way. Alec was the one who suggested we visit every historical marker in the state of Oklahoma, but you KNOW I jumped on that idea. Of course, his ultimate goal is for me to write a hilarious account of our adventures and make us exceedingly wealthy, but he's content with the experiences. We, of course, do not limit ourselves to historical marker hunting--we also venture out of the state on occasion and are currently planning for a trip out of the country. Planning for these trips, spending a day or two in a new place, seeing new things, eating at local restaurants, and maybe even seeing some friends make me incredibly happy. Giddy happy. And the thought of going on these adventures with this guy? I'm over the moon.
 
It may not be skydiving or base jumping, but learning new things and exploring new places are just as exhilarating to me :-)
 
*photo taken at the Route 66 Museum in Clinton, OK, on the weekend of my 29th birthday.

No comments: